Friday, October 16, 2009

Vertrauen

“In my rear view mirror, my life is getting clearer” (Bon Jovi, 2007). Just as a mirror offers reflection, so too, does thought. Inspired by Alec Couros today, my mind flows to that of my teaching/learning life and trust…

What is it that causes me to have utmost trust in public education?

Is it because I believe that teaching is first and foremost a positive relationship building profession?

Is it because I have been trusted by so many and therefore feel that I can trust as well?

Or maybe it is, that deep at the core of my belief system sits a conviction that states what ever I put out in to this world will be mirrored back towards me?

I welcome your thoughts surrounding trust.

…Ellyn

You can visit Alec at http://educationaltechnology.ca/couros/ or have a look at what Jamie Vollmer says - http://www.jamievollmer.com/

2 comments:

rick ackerly said...

In the January 17 2011 New Yorker David Brooks summarizes mountains of research with "People learn from those they love." Howabout using that as a metric?

Ellyn said...

I love the article The Social Animal in the New Yorker from David Brooks. So adeptly captured!