Friday, October 24, 2008

Each Child...

Each “child is a unique blend of talents, personality, and ingredients nowhere else to be found.” (Greenwald, as cited by Braun, 2008) This is the belief I hold that resides in the very core of my being and resonates throughout. This is why I do what I do.

Because I believe that each child possesses his or her own unique blend of genius, I feel that to be an effective educator and honour the calling that has been presented to me, I have a responsibility to never stop using an assortment of professional resources; I have a responsibility to engage myself in collegial sharing; and I have a responsibility to orchestrate opportunities to emerge and continue along the path of professional development that has melded into my entire way of being. For this I am truly grateful.

The following is a link that I encourage all to visit. I am grateful to Sydney for being one of my educational mentors. Please peruse her site - http://www.eceteacher.org/

...Ellyn

Greenwald, R. as cited by Braun, E., 2008, Retrieved from http://www.raisingsmallsouls.com/meet-ellen-c-braun/

No comments: